Google Tag Manager
Beyond the Basics
With EAU’s Google Tag Manager training course, you’ll build on your knowledge of Google Tag Manager fundamentals and master more advanced features for effective and flexible implementations. You’ll learn how to use GTM as an essential tool in your technology stack to enable faster and more sophisticated code updates so you can gain marketing advantages and analytics insights more quickly and deeply.
At the same time, you’ll learn how GTM enables governance, workflows, efficient collaboration and clearer communication as your marketing, analytics, and development teams work together to meet the demands of enterprise-level tagging.
While this course is oriented towards Google Analytics, the lessons apply to any marketing, analytics, or other third-party or custom code that you need to deploy and manage through GTM.
What you'll learn:
Session 1 - Deploying Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager
- Adding the Google Tag Manager container code to your website
- Google Analytics Pageview Tracking
- Google Analytics Event Tracking
- Offsite Links
- PDF Downloads
- mailto: and tel: links
- Page Scroll
Session 2 - Deeper Dive into Triggers, Variables, and Google Analytics Implementation
- Recording Multi-screen interactions as Google Analytics Virtual Pageview
- Google Analytics Cross-Domain and Cross-Device Tracking
- Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking
- Integrating Google Analytics and CRM Data
- Triggers You Need to Know: Page View vs. DOM Ready, Click, Form Submission
- Variables You Need to Know: DOM Element, Auto-Event, Constant, Data Layer
- GTM in WordPress
Session 3 - Google Tag Manager Access and Workflows
- Workspaces and Versions
- Access Rights and Two-Step Verification
- Debugging and Publishing the Container
- Workflow and Communications between Marketing and IT
- Environments and Blocking Triggers
- Recording to Separate GA Properties for Development and Production
- Migrating to Google Tag Manager from Native Google Analytics Tracking Code
- Using Google Tag Manager with Firebase for Mobile App Tracking
As analytics instructor and coach for E-Nor’s Analytics University online courses, customized enterprise training, and public workshops in major cities worldwide, Eric translates complexity into understandable ideas, real-world examples, and actionable next steps. He concretely supports and inspires individuals and organizations as they develop analytics skills and programs. Eric is the developer of www.GoogleAnalyticsTest.com and coauthor of Google Analytics Breakthrough: From Zero to Business Impact. He earned a B.A. with high honors from Harvard University and is grateful for the tremendous opportunities for lifelong learning and impact that digital analytics offers.